Carfax and VinAudit: Vehicle History Report Pricing and Packages
If you know the pricing and package options available from any provider, you can avoid overspending on unnecessary reports or missing out on important information by choosing a less comprehensive package. Considering these options carefully and comparing the offerings of these providers can help you determine the best fit for your specific needs.
Carfax Report Prices
- The Single Report package is the most basic package and includes one Carfax report. As of May 16, 2023, a single Carfax report cost $44.99. It covers all the features of what is known as the Carfax report: accident data, ownership history, service history, type of use, among other details. This is a good choice for those who are only interested in obtaining information about a single vehicle.
- The 3-Report Package is a better value as it includes three reports for a reduced price of $21.66 per report, bringing the total package cost to $64.99. This package is ideal for those who are considering multiple vehicle options or who plan to purchase more than one vehicle in the near future.
- The 5-Report Package is the most economical option, offering five reports for a reduced price of $19.80 per report, bringing the total package cost to $99.99. This is a great option for buyers for whom the other two packages are too restrictive. Two more reports can make a difference if you want to compare more vehicles.
- For more information about Carfax report prices, visit Carfax.com.
Free Carfax Reports by VIN
- Shop for used cars directly on Carfax.com, where a free Carfax report is available for cars offered for sale.
- Look for complimentary Carfax reports from private sellers, automotive marketplaces, or dealerships who may have access to unlimited Carfax reports as partners or affiliates of the provider.
Carfax DiscountsOccasionally, Carfax may offer coupons on its website during flash sales or seasonal holidays. Some organizations may also offer Carfax coupons to their members. However, be cautious of websites or services claiming to offer free Carfax reports by VIN or discounts. Beware of scams or phishing attempts disguised as free car report offers.
Carfax for DealersCarfax offers new and used car dealerships its brand and vehicle data for use in their operations, from purchase and sales to service and trade-in. To request more information, contact or visit the Carfax for Dealers page.
Why VinAudit vehicle history reports are a great alternative to Carfax
Paid and Free VinAudit reportsAt a lower cost, VinAudit also provides comprehensive vehicle history reports. Carfax can be quite expensive, even if you choose the cheaper packages. Check out why our pricing is one of the most (if not the most) competitive in the vehicle data industry: Using a VinAudit discount coupon, a single NMVTIS-approved VinAudit report costs one-eighth of one Carfax report. For a quarter of the rate of 5 Carfax reports, you get 10 VinAudit reports. Complimentary VinAudit reports are available from dealerships or sellers who have signed up for VinAudit’s dealership program. However, if you’re comparing vehicles across different online marketplaces or dealerships, you may find it more practical to get the 5-report or 10-report package and pay as low as $2.99 or $2.49 per report.
VinAudit Dealer ProgramFor dealers, VinAudit offers 24/7 instant online and mobile access to full NMVTIS-authorized reports for a subscription fee of $20 per month and $1 per report generated. Bulk access to vehicle data is also available to business clients.
VinAudit: One-Stop Shop for Buyer and Auto Business Needs
The most comprehensive Automotive Data & Analytics
- Automotive Market Trends & Insights
- White Papers & Researches
- Auto Market Analytics Articles