A Volkswagen VIN Decoder is a tool that allows users to decode the VIN to extract information about the specific car, such as its manufacturing location, production year, engine type, and other specifications. Some providers like VinAudit and Carfax offer more than basic information. Their VIN check
tools offer decoding services that can retrieve more detailed information about a vehicle’s specifications, history, and features.
Basic VIN decoders vs advanced VIN decoders
Here are some differences in their functionalities and the depth of information they provide:
Basic VIN decoders typically provide:
- basic information about a vehicle, such as the manufacturer, model, year, engine type, and country of origin
- some additional details like body type, transmission, and trim level options. These tools are usually free and easily accessible online
- some free Volkswagen VIN decoders are basic VIN decoding tools
Advanced VIN decoders like VinAudit offer:
- more comprehensive and detailed information about a vehicle for a cost
- additional data such as vehicle specs, factory-installed options, safety features, and recall information.
- historical data such as previous owners, service records, and accident reports
- other vehicle data services commonly used by professionals in the automotive industry or for specific vehicle research purposes
The choice between basic and advanced VIN decoders depends on the specific requirements of the user and the level of detail needed.